FORTE-RC is a mobile robotic platform designed to provide a wide range of services and promote human-robot interaction. FORTE-RC has been designed to tackle the several challenges inherent to social robotics, with particular focus on both research and educational markets as it is fully open source: from Arduino low-level programming to ROS mid-level programming.
FORTE-RC is a mobile robotic platform designed to provide a wide range of services and promote human-robot interaction:
- Robust metallic structure with embedded chair to carry one person:
- Touchscreen for user-friendly interface and to promote media content (e.g., serious games);
- 16 ultrasonic sensors for safe navigation;
- 2 DoF head with Kinect v2 Time-of-Flight camera, RGB LEDs and speakers, ideal for SLAM and Human-Robot Interaction;
- Omnidirectional drive mechanism with four independent high-power and high-resolution encoders (controller included);
- 6 DoF robotic manipulator (controller included);
- Internal CPU for high-level programming Intel®NUC NUC5i5RYH;
- Internal controller for low-level programming Arduino MEGA ADK;
- More than 4 hours of energy autonomy in full operation (internal LiFeYPO4 battery and charger inside).
FORTE-RC ROS Wiki
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.